One of my favorites things to do is spend time in the kitchen creating healthy dishes and desserts. For me, it’s like a game as well as some sort of therapeutic exercise. ☺ . As much as I would like to be in the kitchen daily, the reality of it is, that doesn’t happen.
Therefore when I am in there I like to make dishes that are the 3 E’s: efficient (time wise), economical (budget wise), and extendable (they make more than one meal).
Today’s 3 E meal is: Protein Cruciferous Crunch. It is packed with protein, potassium, and vitamins! It’s easy to make, doesn’t put a dent in the wallet, and can absolutely be used for multiple meals. Here’s your ingredient list:
- 1 lb. ground turkey (or other lean ground meat)
- 2 bags Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch mix
- Garlic powder
Optional: low fat mozzarella cheese
1. Spray one (or two) frying pan with pam.
2. Cook up ground turkey (or other meat). Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. In another fry pan, spray with pam and sauté the bags of cruciferous crunch. You may need to cook one bag at a time (before it cooks down the volume is high!).
4. Mix the ground turkey and sautéed vegetables in a bowl.
Depending on your serving size can make 4-6 servings.
For an added treat, serve with melted low fat mozzarella cheese on top. And that’s it! Lunch or dinner for a few servings! It’s nutrient dense and pretty delish!
Give it a try and let me know how it goes!